July 3, 2020
- We lost Carl Reiner this week. Here’s him on being a comedian and Mel Brooks’ best friend. Want more? Go down the rabbit hole with all the episodes of the Dick Van Dyke Show. Also CBS is paying tribute with colourized Dick Van Dyke Show episodes tonight.
- Here’s a wonderful thespian reading by David Tennant for Save with Stories. Here he is presenting “The Highway Rat” by Julia Donaldson.
- The Nature Conservancy of Canada is partnering with like-minded community organizations to break down stigmas and barriers that people face when wanting to get outdoors. Industry leaders will help you explore what nature can do for your mental health. You will be inspired to incorporate nature into your life for your mental and physical well-being and leave equipped with the tools to do so.Be inspired, and find out how spending time in nature is good for your health. Register here: https://bit.ly/38gL0X7
- If your knowledge of America’s most celebrated female artists is confined to the gift shop’s greatest hits, you might enjoy a leisurely prowl through the 1100+ works in the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum’s digital collection.
- This day in 1976 Wimbledon Men’s Tennis: Sweden’s Björn Borg beats Ilie Năstase of Romania 6-4, 6-2, 9-7 for the first of 5 straight Wimbledon titles. See it here.
- Not enough staffing.
- Keeping people engaged during social distancing.
- Age-appropriate programs.
- Finding new quality and meaningful activities.
You told us your pain points and we heard you.
- To help: Art Your Service will be delivering 2 live, interactive 1hr ZOOM activities a day, for 5 days straight (Monday-Friday). Each day will feature an interactive morning physical class and a creative, mindful afternoon class. Things like: Pilates for Posture, Walkabouts with Wildflowers, Natural Movement, Puppetry!
The FREE trial takes place on July 13-17, 2020.
Want your home to be part of the free trial or know of senior living at home that would? No obligation! Email me.
and of course, thank you.
Thank you for looking after our friends and family members when we can’t. We really could not do this without you.
#16! The view from the cottage in the 1000 Islands is divine. I’m so excited booking the virtual classes, I can’t wait for you all to see what we are offering!
If you want more ideas feel free to go back into the Good Things Archives Here.
Art Your Service,
Was this passed on to you? Don’t miss the next one and sign up for the newsletter here.
Know someone who could use this post? Pass the goodness on!
Got any comments or tips or job opportunities? email firstname.lastname@example.org