July 10, 2020
- Hard to blend in at the Historic New England’s extensive wallpaper collection. It contains more than 6,000 individual samples of wallpaper, historic photographs of wallpaper in situ, and ephemera dealing with the wallpaper industry.
- Forest bathe from your chair. Here’s some nature therapy at its best. Chill for 30 mins and with this full motion forestry with natural sounds.
- Speaking of trees, or, er, tress speaking? “A forest is much more than what you see,” says ecologist Suzanne Simard. Her 30 years of research in Canadian forests have led to an astounding discovery — trees talk, often and over vast distances. Learn more about the harmonious yet complicated social lives of trees with this Ted talk and prepare to see the natural world with new eyes.
- With most places in the world requiring masks indoors, Bill Nye The Science Guy breaks it down to why it’s imperative.
- We are all doing and donning masks! Watch “Masks Around the World” by the Savvy Seniors.
- In this dramatic film about the early golfers, tournaments and traditions, the life of Tom Morris is brilliantly portrayed by David Joy in this drama-documentary, set it the home of golf, St Andrews in Scotland.
- Theatre, Painting, Chair Pilates for Posture, Song! Just a few things we have lined up for the free trial of daily Virtual Classes and Socials for Seniors. Sending out the full calendar this afternoon. Whether you’re a senior at home or taking care of seniors at retirement or long-term care email firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the list. No obligation!
and of course, thank you.
Thank you for looking after our friends and family members when we can’t. It’s been a long haul and it’s not over yet, but we appreciate everything you’re doing.
#17! My lucky number. It’s been a hot couple of weeks here in Whitby and I can’t believe I’m hoping for some rain.
If you want more ideas feel free to go back into the Good Things Archives Here.
Art Your Service,
Was this passed on to you? Don’t miss the next one and sign up for the newsletter here.
Know someone who could use this post? Pass the goodness on!
Got any comments or tips or job opportunities? email email@example.com