Tuesday, September 15th, 2020
- Frederick Nathaniel “Toots” Hibbert “Toots” had an immense role in the creation of Reggae music – he coined the term Reggae – as a singer his voice stands among the giants like Otis Redding, Ray Charles and Solomon Burke. Here’s a great doc on him and the birth of reggae music.
- Mark thy Cals! After the year we’ve had, we could all use a few laughs. Now the Just For Laughs comedy festival is providing that with a special two-day event, October 9 and 10. All acts are virtual, and all acts are free to watch.
- The layout of IKEA’s showrooms may turn “retail into retail therapy,” with corridors filled with monochromatic visions of clutter-free living. In these times, of course, we’re far more likely to take refuge in those venerable catalogues or the company’s always-improving website. Now we can do both at once with a trip through seven decades of IKEA catalogues, uploaded to the website for the 70th anniversary of the first 1950 release.
- The same video of the same guys dancing to a different song every day. PURE FUN.
- FREE CLASS: Thursday, September 16th at 2:00 PM (EST) Body Drumming is a great workout for your brain! Drumming releases endorphins, and alpha waves which are associated with general feelings of well-being and euphoria. Part movement and part music lesson, this session is sure to enliven all the senses! Facilitator: Joe Goldberger. Email me for the free ZOOM link!
- Interested in knowing more about our Virtual Classes and Socials for Seniors? Two classes daily- one fitness, one creative – five days a week, close to 50 hours a month of activities! Check out the Video!
- Interested in our movement classes? Try out this recording: Gentle Moves for Seniors!
- Paid and free trial subscriptions available for those on limited budgets. Only $99 per facility or $19.99 per senior/month. See schedule below & Check out our subscription service! Or sign up for a week free trial by emailing me here.
Thanks & Stay Safe, everyone!
Art Your Service,