- RT students at Temple are making videos that address social isolation and giving people engaging and meaningful activities to do in their homes. The students have given us permission to share their videos. This week includes a video from Allyson Roach about how to access and navigate the National Parks tours online + includes an online scavenger hunt. https://www.loom.com/share/06478b975a724fea8a366c7e72dc97c8
- The second session this week is from senior Talia Montone, who goes step-by-step through a dance exercise routine, then gives an adapted seated version. You can view her video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=777&v=Meb4Zt_1riE&feature=emb_logo
- Eversound has compiled some of the most creative hallway activity ideas to keep residents engaged while staying safe. See them here.
- Usually, I don’t promote childish things for adults but starting Thursday, Dolly Parton will read bedtime stories to us all and I’m all in! See here.
- The Enduring Inspiration: Creativity at Home is a mail-in art show, in response to COVID-19. Share your inspiration by creating a piece of art (any media! Write recipes, send lessons learned, paint, textiles, etc.,) and then mail to Ruth’s Table, an art gallery in San Francisco, for a show later this year. More info on how to apply here.
- Want to colour in between the lines instead? Here are literally dozens of free colouring pages from Canadian artists. Download ’em here
- Andrew Lloyd Webber to stream his musicals online for free! Entitled “The Shows Must Go On”, the series will start with the 2000 adaptation of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat starring Donny Osmond, Maria Friedman, Richard Attenborough and Joan Collins. The show will be available for 48 hours from Friday 3 April at 7 pm on “The Shows Must Go On” YouTube channel.
- This is an amazing resource for your residents who want to listen to the radio from places they used to live or been, in their own language. Just move the pointer around the globe and instantly find the local, live radio stations. Tune in to Radio Garden here.
- Here’s another resource – much like the radio garden. Click on the map and get the folk music from any region – all across the globe: https://folkcloud.com/
- In case you missed it, Cirque du Soleil put out a free, one-hour-long special. Enjoy a front-row seat to awe-inspiring moments of the larger-than-life shows.
- Bird Opera! Listen to a calming, hopeful audiovisual performed by our feathered fellows.
- In this time of anxiety and stress, you need a natural, positive intervention to boost the mood of your residents and staff. Cultivate Gratitude. Through exercises and conversation starters, this simple but effective program-in-a-box is great for 1:1, groups and memory care. Heavily-laminated for easy sanitization the program is now $10 off with the code ‘thanks.’ (no quotes). Shop here.
Stay safe. We really couldn’t do it without you.
Got any comments or tips or job opportunities? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Art Your Service,