Tuesday, November 24th, 2020
- Well, this was an entertaining time tickling the ivories with this virtual piano.
- Christmas cards as cute as buttons using buttons and 13 other winter crafts can be found here.
- On December 19th at 2 PM (EST) Mark your calendars for the Handel’s Messiah virtual singalong featuring excerpts from the 2019 performance of the Hudson Valley Philharmonic and Cappella Festival with lyrics on the screen and commentary by Guest Conductor Christine Howlett. Watch here.
- Looking for more Starry nights in your life? Most of Vincent Van Gogh’s paintings can be found in high-resolution scans at the new van Gogh resource, Van Gogh Worldwide, “a consortium of museums,” notes Madeleine Muzdakis at My Modern Met, “doing their part to bring the work of one of the world’s most famous artists to the global masses.”
- Flannery O’Connor was a Southern writer who, as Joyce Carol Oates once said, had less in common with Faulkner than with Kafka and Kierkegaard. Isolated by poor health and consumed by her fervent Catholic faith, O’Connor created amazing works of moral fiction. Here is one, read by Flannery herself, A Good Man is Hard to Find.
- Wednesday we are having our SECOND cooking session via ZOOM, Cooking with Katrina. A fun and interactive way to learn new cooking techniques and explore new ingredients! This week: Chicken Soup 2 Ways! Email here for free link + recipes.
- Looking for a good movement class? Try a recording of Devin’s Natural Movement for Seniors which he does for us every Thursday morning.
- It’s hard out here right now, we know. That’s why we started our Virtual Classes and Socials for Seniors. We are building a really great online community! Two live, virtual classes daily- one movement and one creative – five days a week. All hosted by me, and guided by experts in the fitness and creative aging fields. See what we offer here.
As always, thanks for everything. We will get through this!
Art Your Service,
Art Your Service,