May 1, 2020
- Every week I happily help host the GENTLE MOVES online dance class specifically designed for those with movement challenges, chronic pain, movement disorders, early-stage dementia or general frailty. Join us for great moves, music and community! Offered FREE every Tuesday, 11:00 AM EST. To get the ZOOM link, email What Dance Can Do founder and executive director, Miriam Goldberger.
- Sapsuckers! Pileated woodpeckers! Then a LOON swam by! Love identifying the different birdies flying in for a snack at the Cornell Lab Feederwatch.
- Fancy a change of scenery? Go to Japan, Netherlands, even NYC subways! Virtual train rides offer viewers the chance to zone out and calm the mind while seeing new landscapes, some of which many people will never experience in real life, quarantine or not. Plus, you don’t have to worry about train fare. Hop aboard!
- You can now take a virtual tour of The Netherlands’ most spectacular tulip garden. Keukenhof is the world’s largest bulb-flower garden and boasts more than 800 varieties of tulips. Seven million bulbs were planted for this year’s display Tiptoe here.
- Got anxious seniors awake at night? Mashable has some great podcasts for insomniacs. I personally can’t last too long listening to Otis Grey read old-time stories verrrry slowwwwly in his Southern drawl.
- If anyone’s thinking of an inexpensive raised garden bed option for your seniors, then hay, look at this!
and of course, thank you.
Thanks for looking after our friends and family members when we can’t.
We salute you.
Art Your Service,
Was this passed on to you? Don’t miss the next one and sign up for the newsletter here.
Know someone who could use this post? Pass the goodness on!
Got any comments or tips or job opportunities? email email@example.com