May 8, 2020
- Happy Mother’s Day, everyone! I scoured the YouTubes to find wacky TV mom Lucille Ball in all her glory in the full episodes of I Love Lucy. then dug deeper into her life with the “Finding Lucy” the Lucille Ball Documentary. Feeling soapy? Not just from the excessive hand washing? Watch the original 1960’s episodes of Coronation Street. Different moms, same theme song!
- May 10, 2 p.m. MT: the Calgary Philharmonic performs the first movement from Beethoven’s Symphony No. 5 for Mother’s Day, as part of Tom Jackson’s Almighty Voices series. Watch it via YouTube and AlmightyVoices.ca.
- Tour some of the world’s most stunning gardens, including Claude Monet’s garden in Giverny, Normandy, England’s famed Kew Garden, and as mentioned last week, the Keukenhof in Amsterdam (50,000 tulips!)
- The first chapter of “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone” is being read aloud the wizard boy himself, Daniel Radcliff, as a part of the “Harry Potter At Home” project, which started May 5. Be sure to check back at HarryPotterAtHome.com every week where you can expect new readings from a stellar cast of narrators. Apparently David Beckham is on next…
- Seniors missing their hockey? Take them down memory lane to this time in 1967: Yup, the last time the Maple Leafs won the cup.
- The audio editions of 10 of Canada’s acclaimed Scotiabank Giller Prize-winning books are being made available for free! This offer will be available until June 28 at audible.ca/listenwithgiller.
- Interested in learning how cultivating gratitude with your seniors on a regular basis can help with their anxiety and depression? Book your free 15-minute ZOOM session with me here. (note this is not the certification course, just a primer to start you off.)
and of course, thank you.
Happy Nursing Home Week! Thanks for looking after our friends and family members when we can’t. You’re amazing.
Art Your Service,
Was this passed on to you? Don’t miss the next one and sign up for the newsletter here.
Know someone who could use this post? Pass the goodness on!
Got any comments or tips or job opportunities? email email@example.com