Here Are Some Good Things: A Weekly Roundup of Inside Activities for Seniors from Art Your Service.
Friday, March 20, 2020.
- Be delighted by the antics of sea otters or mellow out to the hypnotic drifting of jellyfish while listening to morning meditation. With ten live cams to choose from, you can experience the wonder of the ocean no matter where you are: https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/live-cams
- You can now download over 300,000 books from the NYPL for free: https://www.timeout.com/newyork/blog/you-can-now-download-over-300-000-books-from-the-nypl-for-free-071216
- From tai chi to yoga, YMCA launches 60 free online classes for people stuck at home: https://ymca360.org/
- NASA has a treat for you. They have made their entire collection of images, sounds, and video available and publicly searchable online. It’s 140,000 photos and other resources available for you to see, or even download and use it any way you like.
- Book mark this as it’s a living document of all live virtual concerts to watch during The Coronavirus Shutdown. A diverse listing from symphonies to opera, to musicals to rock: https://www.npr.org/2020/03/17/816504058/a-list-of-live-virtual-concerts-to-watch-during-the-coronavirus-shutdown
- The NFL said it’s making every game since 2009 available for free streaming on its direct-to-consumer service NFL Game Pass until May 31. No credit card needed, just an email: To sign up for complimentary access to NFL Game Pass, fans just need to create an account on the web at NFL.com/GamePass, or via the NFL app across mobile and connected TV devices.
That’s it for this week!
See the footer if you want to sign up for the newsletter & get the round-up every week. Got any comments or tips? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe everyone and keep up the great work, we couldn’t do it without you.
Art Your Service,